Skip to main content

I Believe in You: A Woodworker’s Approach to Sobriety

 



Ads. Proposal: HELP YOU MANAGE YOUR COMPANY SOCIAL MEDIA REGULARLY, Click HERE

“I believe in you”. 

That one phrase is where addiction counseling begins. 

When someone else has faith that you are going to not only make it, but flourish and thrive through the journey, magic starts to happen. 

That magic can be summarized in one word, “sobriety”. 

As an addiction counselor, I have discovered things that gets and keeps people sober. 

Through my revolutionary approach to addiction treatment called “Woodworking Therapy”, individuals develop a skill few people ever acquire, as well as a positive experience they will have for the rest of their lives.

Ads. 16,000 wood plan for you today, click HERE

When I was 7 years old, I helped my Dad create the living room floor out of solid oak wood. 

This took place in 1988 in the Boston, Massachusetts suburban town of Dover. 

I was drawn to the chop saw, smell of fresh-cut oak wood, and the whole project in general. 

Little did I know that almost 3 decades later, I would be helping people get their lives back. My passion for woodworking and my ability to teach it to others has a fullfillment factor to my life. 

It isn’t enough just to go through the motions of treatment with me. 

I am a strong believer in having fun while going through rehab. 

I make sure that people suffering from addiction get a general set of tools in their “recovery tool box” that they can use to stay clean.... for more detail click https://recentlyheard.com/2022/08/15/i-believe-in-you-a-woodworkers-approach-to-sobriety/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Business Month Profile: Local Woman-Run Business Sells Unique Hand Crafted Wooden Photography Backgrounds

  Ads. Proposal:   HELP YOU MANAGE YOUR COMPANY SOCIAL MEDIA REGULARLY,   Click HERE They say necessity is the mother of invention. The story of Altadena-based Danielle Salmon’s business called Octimber certainly attests to this proverb. It all began in 2018 when Salmon, a Jamaican-American, was searching for a photography background for her food photography blog — a background which was portable, foldable and durable. With no options available in stores, she decided to create her own background after having conversations with her carpenter uncle and neighbor to understand woodworking. She made her first photography background out of wood and became satisfied as the backgrounds, she said, elevated her food photography. Eventually, she launched Octimber and made more photography backgrounds using wood – pine to be exact. Ads. 16,000 wood plan for you today, click HERE “Once I figured it out, it was the most fun and most exciting thing I could ever do,” Salmon said. “What i...

16,000 wood plan for you today

More Detail?Click  https://tinyurl.com/16000WoodPlansForToday Ads. Proposal: HELP YOU MANAGE YOUR COMPANY SOCIAL MEDIA REGULARLY, Click HERE

Back to Basics: Woodworking Safety

Back to Basics: Woodworking Safety Ads. Proposal:   HELP YOU MANAGE YOUR COMPANY SOCIAL MEDIA REGULARLY,   Click HERE Woodworkers can be found in a number of different industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), most woodworkers are employed in manufacturing industries, and they are responsible for making a variety of products, such as cabinets and furniture, using wood, veneers, and laminates. Working conditions vary, but many woodworkers are exposed to hazards such as machinery noise and wood dust. According to OSHA, woodworking operations can be hazardous, especially when machines are used improperly or without proper safeguards. Ads. 16,000 wood plan for you today, click HERE The guidelines for woodworking can be found in OSHA’s standards for general industry, specifically in the subparts for walking and working surfaces, ventilation, occupational noise exposure, hazardous materials, personal protective equipment (PPE), lockout/tagout, powered industrial...